Scuba Gear Buying/Reuse Policy
Discount Divers Supply, a "Sell My Scuba Gear" approved business.
Ship (insured if expensive) to:|
2520 Westlake Ave. N
Seattle, WA 98109
We Buy, Sell, Trade, and Accept donations of Scuba, and Commercial Dive Gear
If you have scuba, snorkeling, or commercial dive gear you want to sell and you don't want to ever see again, box it up and send it to us using the shipping information in the yellow box above (Locals can bring it by the dive shop).
Please include a written inventory, with your name and address, and include an applicable phrase:
I READ YOUR GEAR/REUSE POLICY, KEEP THE GEAR, SEND ME THE MONEY.
or: I READ YOUR GEAR/REUSE POLICY, KEEP THE GEAR, I'M DONATING IT.
We will look over your gear, test and determine its value, and mail you check. We pay realistic time-proven values with respect to today's market. We have been buying used equipment since 1993 and you can be assured that we are professionals and in business for the long haul. If you have valuable equipment and concerns or simply want to talk to the buyer, call 206-298-6998 and ask for John. If you are local and want to sell your gear, bring it by the dive shop for an evaluation and an offer.
See below for additional information *
We mail out checks on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Make a note if you need rush service or would like trade-in credit. Please include BCD weight pouches.
"Many of our customers cannot afford new equipment. With your help more divers and snorkelers can enjoy the underwater world and you are helping us make a living."
"Thank You", John Burns, Owner
The most gratifying thing we do is to get scuba gear out of garages, serviced, and back into the water. This process is commonly referred to as recycling. However, it is a greener process than recycling and is more accurately known as "Reuse".
You can sleep well knowing that 98 cents of every dollar spent on reused dive gear goes back into our national economy. I encourage you to support the businesses who sell reused products.
There are many good reasons for us to reuse products such as scuba equipment.
If you buy, sell, or donate through Discount Divers Supply, you can feel better knowing you helped make the world a better place in a dozen different ways.
John Burns - Buying and Selling used dive gear since 1987 - founded Discount Divers Supply in 1993
Reuse - Recycle - Regift
NOTICE: We are currently buying scuba and commercial dive gear with the highest dollar paid for the gear in highest demand.
General Buying Guidance:
- Drysuits (best less than 15 years old)
- Drysuit thermals(best less than 15 years old) and BCD's(best less than 15 years old)
- Hoods, booties, gloves (best less than 20 years old)
- Regulators, computers, gauges (Less than 15 years old)
- Dive Helmets/hats/band masks - any vintage
- Dive lights (Best less than 5 years old)and spearguns - any vintage
- 2,3, and 5mm full length wetsuits, skins, and shorties (Less than 15 years old)
- U/W Cameras & Video (current digital - others as display value only)
- Scuba and Hookah Compressors (call 206-298-6998 and ask for the buyer first)
- Masks/Snorkels/Fins (less than 15 years old)
- Old dive photos and photo albums
- Accessories/extras any vintage
- UW and above water Metal Detectors (any vintage)
- Military Surplus gear - any vintage
- Antique and collectable dive and commercial dive Gear
- Dive watches(esp. DOXA, Rolex)working or not
- Rebreathers - working or not - any vintage
- We are also buying the odd and unusual
- If you have something unusual; send it in!
If you have valuable equipment and are nervous about sending it our way, call 206-298-6998 and ask for the buyer and owner, John.
It is best to ship your equipment as inexpensively as possible -
Note: Scuba tanks are required to be drained and valves removed prior to mailing - we will $end you what makes economic sense for your tanks.
Keep in mind that if anyone can find value in your old gear and get it back into the water, it is our crew here at Discount Divers Supply, Seattle.
Note: If you would like cash, we will send as much money as practical for your equipment. What is practical is a function of a host of factors that are only discernible with hands-on analysis, knowledge of the current market, and an appreciation for the time and cost of getting equipment to market and sold.
Sorry, estimates of value are not accurate nor practical to provide before our evaluations - it takes considerable expertise and resources to accurately determine equipment values so we wont proceed unless you are comfortable with letting us do our evaluation and sending you a "no dicker" check/credit. Sorry but we cannot afford to provide free appraisals or the time required to negotiate with thousands of sellers every year. If you want us to buy your gear, follow the directions at the top of this page. We buy and sell the gear that no one else wants to mess with.
Search and Rescue, Fire, First Responders, and Military click here for additional instructions
Discount Divers Supply - America's REUSE Scuba and Snorkel Gear headquarters - Serving National and International buyers and sellers since 1993.
* Equipment sent to Discount Divers Supply with missing, incomplete, or incorrect paperwork will be processed as a donation or subject to the payment of processing, storage, and other fees at the discretion of DDS.
* Adapted from Choose to Reuse,by Nikki & David Goldbeck.
Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/why-reuse-beats-recycling.html
Discount Divers Supply Used Scuba Gear Buying/Reuse Policy
Ship Donations to:
2520 Westlake Ave. N
Seattle, WA 98109
What's New?! -
Video Equipment -
Air Supply -
Video Clips -
Home Page -
Gear Wanted! -
Ordering Info -
Product Reviews -
About us - escramble()